The Running Man

Monday, October 02, 2006

Eagles, Booze and Gambles

Guess what?! Tonight I have just won my first TAB bet! (every bet I made during the soccer World Cup 2006...lost :( maybe because I didn't always pick the favourites and picked the more exotic bets :P my bad). Anyway, tonight was the NRL grand final between Brisbane and Melbourne...now because I have no interest in the rugby, I still bet in order to have something to cheer about while watching the game (otherwise you wouldn't really 'support' any team). The above picture shows my betting slip...I picked Brisbane to win by 1-12 points @ 1:3.70...not bad odds and I bet $10. Some of my work colleagues came by (and brought a couple of six packs of beer - see below) and along with Ant and Marissa, we watched, cursed, made funny comments and generally enjoyed watching the game amonst friends (they too made bets on the game...so had some interest in the result). The result...Brisbane (they were not the favourites) Broncos won by 7 points!!! so I won!!! Decided the blog it as my first blog for October...also did I mention that the Eagles won yesterday? :P haha...going to collect my winnings soon (my lunch money for the week ;)


Friday I drank, yesterday I drank, tonight I have drank again (see above)...when will it end??? Sense that a beer belly is just around the corner :P at least played some badminton today.

Thank you Ant and Marissa! and the EAGLES!!! :) for at least making these past couple of months somewhat happier :)

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home