The Running Man

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Massage anyone?

Just got back from my first massage lesson :) tired. Yes..it is not a typo...I signed up for a 3 week course (2hrs per week) on massages! haha...now before you laugh, I signed up for this awhile ago...so as it was already all bought and paid for...I might as well learn something useful. Tired of getting complained for lousy massages..haha :). Well I suppose anything that can only improve you can't be that bad right :P. Right, so the first lesson I as paired up with this nice aussie guy called Chris..now Chris is a big guy (about 90-100kg) and my hands are pretty small :P Needless to say...my hands are pretty tired and sore after that 2 hr session..haha. I have got respect for those thai/balinese massage girls who have to do this 8 hrs a day on all sorts of people (especially those big fat ones :P haha).
First lesson, learnt all these various pressure points all over the arm and hand...also learnt how to give shoulder massages to relieve tension in the shoulders and neck. Massaging is more than just rubbing and kneading..its also apparantly about finding these acu-points on the hand that is supposedly meant to relieve everything from menstrual cramp to seasickness (something that I need..haha). Now if only I can find out exactly where those points are...well I suppose practice makes perfect :).

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home