The Running Man

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Perth


What!!! Another trip?! you must be asking...don't I have to work? Have I got any money left in the bank?...well lets just say that I had an unexpected windfall and had some spare cash coming my way...so might as well use it before a hectic year-end and visit my parents and friends back in Perth :)

Now unlike my previous posts...I will try to keep the narration short and show pictures :)

Me and my good friend - Anne.

Would you also believe that a family of ducks actually walked into my house's backyard! Now this would not be strange or unique, but for the fact that we live in the suburbs...and not near any lakes and we are surrounded by roads. My mum was actually worried for the ducks...afraid that they may get run over by cars if they are allowed to leave (typical mum). I wanted duck rice :P But it sorted itself out..and the ducks just walked out of our backyard and were last seen walking happily along the footpath outside, heading towards the local shopping centre (maybe they had shopping to do?) as if it was an everyday thing. Hmmm...still a mystery about how they came to our house :)

Here is something that has changed since my last trip to Perth...$4 pizzas! Yeap..its not Dominos or Pizza Hut, but a new pizza cafe that has opened (and my bro discovered) that has offers of $8 for 2 pizzas. We had a seafood and meatlovers pizza...pretty tasty and decent :) and the price was good too!

The next morning, Dad and myself went to Araleun to play golf :) Dad took the friday off...so it was just me and him...and the golf course. We played about 30 holes that day (just kept playing and playing)...I played pretty well and it was only my putting that really let me down :( still managed to get 2 pars though...which is a pretty good effort considering I haven't played for about 4 mths :).

Araleun has got tons of kangaroos...they are everywhere and totally fearless when it comes to flying golf balls. Also there is some very nice scenary. To my friends who are golfers...if you and I happen to be in Perth one of these days...well this is definitely one of the places you will be playing :P. Also quite fun to drive the golf cart around...otherwise how to survive 30 holes of golf!

That night, after watching an exciting Eagles v Adelaide Crows semi-final (the Eagles won after trailing for most of the game...very exciting), I went out and caught up with Christina and Anne.

Hmmm...did nothing much for the trip as I was there only from Thurs to Sunday. Caught up with Pras, played some basketball, kicked the soccer ball with my bro, talked to mum lots :), relaxed, spent some alone time shooting hoops in my backyard...

To know oneself...its not during the best of times, but when times are down :)

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home