The Running Man

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Pot Luck with Friends

Hi All, sorry for the very slow updates (or lack of) but I have been very busy with studying for my upcoming College of Law exams :P yeah these are my final exams before I (hopefully) will get admitted (to the bar) next year :) so gotta study. More interesting updates will come in the next couple of weeks ;) definitely....got lots of fun and exciting activites and events lined up :P haha. In the meantime, let me entertain you with a 'Pot Luck' dinner we had at Maz's house, about a month ago (yeah I know I have been slack with the uploadings). A Pot Luck is basically a gathering amongst friends where we all bring our own individually cooked dishes to share with everyone. Sorry yes its another food type of posts (to those readers who keep complaining about the standard of meals I have been eating lately :P...I cannot help that ;)
One of our 'chefs' JB...working on his entree in Maz's kitchen
Pictures of the food preparation...
So without further ado, here are some of the dishes that was cooked!
This was what JB cooked...mussels! in special thai green curry sauce and garnished with chillis and spring onion (it was finished off the fastest! because it was so delicious!) Another popular dish was...
Special glutinous (sticky) rice...cooked by one of my friends (or his mum :P...we suspect)...this was pretty much restaurant quality (because his mum was a cook at a restaurant :P perhaps)...but it was delicious as he bought a huge rice pot full of this rice, and it was gone by the end of the meal.
Another old favourite...Maz's pork belly...the skin was as crispy as ever and still very moist (plus the fact that it had just been cooked..so the oils and the tenderness was still there...) oh...can't get enough of this (maybe I should revert back to concentrating on main dishes instead of desserts...and this will be my first dish I will attempt ;)
You can see the empty plates and dishes on the table...an excellent dinner party :) There were other dishes too...a salad, and vegetarian pizza from memory...unfortunately didn't take pictures of them. After dinner..it was dessert time!
My dish...cheesecakes! These were homemade cheesecakes topped with blueberries, strawberries and peaches :) (as from previous posts, I had decided to concentrate on making desserts from now on....) However, not to be upstaged by my dessert...Lil also came up with her own dessert (each couple was meant to bring 1 dish each...but both me and Lil decided to be special and bring 1 dessert each..no competition :P) Lil's dish was...
Marshmellow Cake (or rather some kind of mango pudding type of cake with a mango jelly top...) it was an excellent and light dessert and immensely popular (especially amongst the gals in our group) Lil wins hands down with her dish :P
The group
After dinner, we all went upstairs to the entertainment room, for some karaoke and cards (poker)...:P
Tilly!
Overall it was a very good and fantastic night...even more so as we had cooked our own dinners and everyone was impressed with (no food poisoning reported hehe)...till the next time!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home