The Running Man

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Many Birthdays...

From my previous post - The surprise was a Success!!! :) totally unexpected and very much appreciated ;) does leave you with a nice warm feeling to know that all your effort has made someone so unexpectedly happy :)
Quote: "was expecting this much...you gave me this much (higher), but then surprised me with this much (much higher)" So anyway here is a quick summary of what I did last weekend... Fri: Some of my office colleagues at a couple of their birthday lunches in a CBD resturant...very trendy bunch of lawyers haha ;)

At that lunch, I saw this 'celebrity'...now he is like a Germit Singh...a host, entertainer, etc he use to be the weatherman on this morning TV show that I would watch (for the latest news of course ;) in the morning before going to work and he always did crazy/fun things...his name is Grant Denier and he was the winner of Australian Dancing with the Stars...he is soooo short...tiny and like a little kid :) hey thats my memory haha...
At night, went to another birthday party, this time at Darling Harbour... Quite the normal kind of thing...drinking and mingling and small talk. Most of the people there were from Dragon Boat (and of course asking me when I was going next for their next rowing/training session (soon soon...I keep telling them...maybe next Sunday...ohh...with volleyball the previous night, my arms will definitely be sore on the Mon haha). Also that night, we ate Mongolian food (lots of lamb and very errr...fatty type of dishes, I guess its because its usually very cold in Mongolia, there is a need to develop lots of warmth fat! :) it was pretty tasty and unique...like a mixture of different cusines. Unfortunately I don't have any photos as they were uninspiring :P
On Saturday, we went to Rise - which is one of the better Japanese resturants in Sydney (Leo - you have probably already been there ;)...ate sooo much food...the degustation menu only costs $60 pp and had like 7 courses! Delicious..and good value too especially for Sydney fine dining ; ) Will definitely bring visitors looking for good Japanese food to this place (located quite close to the heart of Sydney)...never ate so much before at a fine dining resturant haha..

Some of the courses: fresh sushimi (tuna, trout, kingfish, snapper) and tempura linfish with scallop...(notice the very large plate with a small dish in the middle :P...typical

Next day (Sunday) was another birthday :P this time at a Yum Cha place @ Rhodes (strongly suggested by me! since I lived so close to it haha). This time it was with Lil's uni friends...whom showered here with lots of Hello Kitty merchandise :P haha...

Then after lunch, it was back to Maz's place for a friendly competition of Ninendo Wii and Singstar (boys v girls...won't tell you who won :P haha)


Overall a very celebratory type of weekend ;)

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home