The Running Man

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Perth Easter trip

Just got back from my quick Easter long weekend trip (Thur-Mon) from Perth. Nothing special about it, except just to catch up with family and play golf. Due to the time constraint, I didn't really have time to catch up with all or most of my friends :( oh well, will keep that for another day haha...
Did really nothing special on this trip, except play 3 games of golf straight over 3 days! The first game was my best one (according to my dad) I have ever played...5 pars and lots of bogeys...all at Kennedy Bay, a beautiful yet very challenging course (I am serious). Also the weather during my stay there was just perfect (as opposed to Syd, where I heard it was pouring down with rain at the time :P good timing!)

Just look at this huge colourful spider I saw when walking around the golf course...it was so striped and colourful ;) and oh...it was just huge! and stitting in the middle of its web, needless to say I didn't go walking through the bush looking for any lost balls after that! haha

Here I am with my brother...at a WC Eagles home game @ Subiaco oval! Now this is another highlight of the trip...and thanks to a wonderful and well thought of surprise by Lil, I got 4 tickets to the game! (now just FYI...it is pretty much impossible to get any general tickets to a home WC Eagles game unless you are a season member...and the waiting list for season membership has been estimated to be 3-4 years long!) My mum and dad went along with us...yes that is because the tickets were so hard to get!! Those empty seats you see in the photo filed up pretty fast :) The result? The Eagles won (by 12 points)!!! that makes it 2 games that I have watched and 2 games the Eagles won...more importantly I was surrounded by loyal and passionate West Australians (as opposed to last week when I was surrounded by Sydney supporters) there was a sea of blue and gold! Please see slideshow below for more pictures of my trip haha...
The Eagles game was on a Saturday, and on Sunday I played more golf and relaxed. On Monday (my last day in Perth :( ) I manage to get into contact with my good HS friend and next door neighbour...Adrian (whom I thought was still in Kalgoorli at the time) and a basketball game at our old high school was organised. Suey is pretty cool :) and he's getting married in Dec 07 (Congratulations!) another reason to come back to Perth again :) The picture on the right shows us outside my house ready for a bball session with the guys. Recently, my old high school tore down the basketball and tennis courts (*shock)...however admist the rumours that nothing else would be done about it...they did (*thankfully) and built new and bigger courts! (*yeah!)...and to my surprise my old basketball gang was there! (mostly made up of ex-HS students my year and juniors). It was a good game and good run for me (felt so unfit as compared to my HS days ahaha) and we played till the sun sets..just like good old times! (there were no lights still!...oh well :P)


This is the shot of the day (see the moon?)...ahhh...memories! We have been like playing basketball in our area since those HS days...over 10 years now!!! the area may have changed but everyone is the same and we still hang out and shoot hoops together :) sigh...I miss Perth :P
oh well...its back to Sydney and another life ;)

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home