The Running Man

Monday, October 23, 2006

West Sydney v S'pore Slingers

Friday night
An exciting thing happened! Singapore's first NBL (National Basketball League) team, the Singapore Slingers (such a shockingly bad name...you would have thought something like the Lions, anything else would have been better) http://www.singaporeslingers.com came to Sydney to play against the West Sydney Razorbacks (Razozback = a type of wild boar). So wanting to see this new team in action...I dragged Ant and Marissa to the game. Here are some of the pictures taken with Ant's special zoom lens (thx Ant). NB: Singapore is in orange and red colours











Mike Helms...the star* of the Singapore Slingers


The half-time entertainment show...there was this female acrobat that climbed this red rope and did all sorts of manouvers while on there...got some video of it, so as soon as I figure out how to upload (coz there seems to be a pblm with me uploading) to youtube...you will see more :P


Unfortunately, Signapore lost by about 15 points (crap!)...not surprisingly I had placed a bet on Singapore to win the game :( oh well...could never have bet against my country (altho Sydney were favourites to win the game)

Saturday

Went to Shelley Beach (Manly) for scuba diving



Artistic shot of us @ Manly...a blue day?

A more conventional shot of the two of us (looking very gay in our wetsuits :P haha)...notice the background and the lack of sunshine. Haha...it seems that whenever I plan to go into the water it doesn't seem to be sunny


Now I am very excited about this photo...coz its my first ever underwater pic of me! This is definitely one of those pictures that I will treasure...haha...notice the crazy wavy hair? well when you are scuba diving it tends to do that to your hair..haha :). Anyway on this dive (only 7m of water) we saw an eel, octopus, various fishes and a Wobbegong Shark!!! it was just lying at the bottom beneath a large rock and I pretty much went up close to it and just stared at it for awhile :P ahhh...the sights you see underwater that you usually only see on TV or read in books :)
After the dive, we were both ravenous and pretty tired...luckily there was this nice little cafe right next to our dive site, that was still serving breakfast...I had a big breakfast (and it was one of the nicest big bfasts I have had in Sydney I must admit :)



Notice the Ant smile? ;)
For the rest of the day, we were pretty tired, but it was Caufield Cup (big horse racing event) day and so I couldn't resist putting a bet on the horses and supporting them when the race started. Needless to say I didn't win :( not a cent...haha. 9 13 1 ...that was the trifecta and if you happen to get the top 3 horses in order you would have won $20K for ever dollar you bet! Serious. Unfortunately I didn't get those 3 horses...sigh. Oh and the winner was Tawqueet...@ 19:1 :P
Sunday
We went to Jambaroo (something like a water theme park..just outside Wollongong) for Ant's company function...

Me (below) taking the 'Jump of Destiny' (I made up the name)...a 5m jump off this rocky ledge into the pool below. It sounds like quite a short height, but its different when you are actually up there looking down into the clear blue water...it really is like a leap of faith :P and courage..haha. But I did it! It was such an adrenaline rush that ~1 sec free fall :) x 3 times...




Lunchtime...free BBQ..and more importantly free beer! haha...thx Ant and thx Nestle! :)

Overall, it was a pretty and intense weekend...lots of fun and activities...the way a weekend is meant to be spent :) Will not forget my Jump of Destiny...haha

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home