The Running Man

Sunday, December 24, 2006

A volleyball Xmas Eve

I have just gotten back from a marathon volleyball session and its now Xmas Eve. Just thought I'd blog it because it is an unusual way (yet fun) for me to be spending the day before Xmas (Eve). Usually at this time now, I would be frantically searching for Xmas presents for people and burning up brain cells to think up new and innovative gifts. Well I can say that I have done my Xmas shopping today :P just went into Myer and got the things that I had in mind...well ok...actually the things came to my mind as I was wondering around Myer (inspiration I like to call it...its usually the source of most of my presents :P). Hmmm...but I still don't know what to get for my parents yet...maybe when I next see them I will buy something nice for them (to go with the new LCD screen they have??? who knows). So after finishing my shopping in a new record time..also another memorable moment (I do just like shopping for people and a purpose :).
Anyway Karen was nice enough to invite me over to her apartment for a home cooked meal (thx Karen!) before the game...Franco, Juliana, Gab, Joseph were also there and I guess its just the feeling of sitting down in a nice place with friends where there is lots of delicious home-cooked food (sigh..I do miss the home cooked food) and Karen is a great cook...there were vegetables, salted egg with mince, some tomato pork thing, fish..and to top it off, there was desert of glass jelly, jackfruit, lotus seed (deliciously cool and refreshing).
After dinner, we went off to the North Ryde RSL to play some volleyball..this was at 8.30pm! There were 3 teams (mainly, actually probably all HK...so hmmm...lets just say that the cantonese was flying everywhere and I didn't really say much during this time, except talk to Karen, Franco, etc). We played about 8 games and finished at 12+...
My knees are going to be sore again...and I have been invited back (thx!) to play again nxt Saturday...now thats what I call a volleyball fix! haha :) oh well its all part of having fun and mixing around with new people...plus its going to be Xmas soon!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home