The Running Man

Thursday, December 21, 2006

My first Kangaroo...

After years of living in Australia, I have finally tasted my first kangaroo :) Yes...Vicki was kind enough to invite me over for dinner a couple of nights ago (maybe to make up for standing me up a couple of night before? :P) and she made this delicious kangaroo salad with these bits of fried cubed cheese...nice. Now kangaroo...it tasted a bit like beef, but is much leaner (ie. less fat) so it does get kinda chewy, still it was an experience to try out new types of meat, plus it is also cheaper than beef (does that mean we have more kangaroos than cows in Aust?). Oh and on another note..after dinner, we played table tennis...and all I can say is 8-0 (I won 8 sets in a row...must be the kangaroo meat) *nxt night she did win 1 set...7-1 :P* haha..
In other news, yesterday my recruiter (for my old job at Westpac) brought me out for lunch @ Kobe Jones http://www.kobejones.com.au, this fusion Japanese resturant...quite a nice place and plenty of Jap waitresses everywhere. Its located on King Street Wharf on Darling Harbour so it was pretty upmarket (then again..this is Sydney)...anyway he is Irish and as you may or may not know..they just love to drink, and he kept buying me Asahi beers (coz this lunch is all on his corporate card) and was going to buy a bottle of wine (this was lunch on a Wed btw)...if it was only a weekend and I didn't have to work..haha...I still think I would be there with him now (also trying to chat up those Jap waitresses ;) poor things..must be pretty traumatised) haha. Just gotta love those corporate cards and expenses..who knows soon I might be the one at the other end of the table bringing out clients for lunches and dinners :P all part of the service industry I suppose...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home