The Running Man

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Time to recruit some merry men...

On Fri night, Ant and myself went to watch the basketball (again)...this was (again) because my other home team (Perth Wildcats) was playing against the West Sydney Razorbacks. The Wildcats (in white) were top of the ladder while West Sydney was last :P needless to say I did put a small bet on the game (which such a sure thing....how could I not bet :P) haha.




The end result? well I won my lunch money for the week :) and the Wildcats easily won by 35 points! I was a happy man. A good start to the weekend! Now looking forward to when the Sydney Kings (Sydney has got 2 basketball teams) play against the Slingers and Wildcats at the Sydney Entertainment Centre (just around the corner from where I am staying...definitely a must watch game coz of the teams playing and the convenience of it) haha...should be a tougher and more competitive game.

The next morning, I felt like having a big breakfast (can't remember when was the last time I had a typical big aussie breakfast...haha...errr...last week?). Anyway we went off to this cafe in Glebe that made some pretty delicious breakfasts, all reasonably priced ($14...but it also includes a coffee/tea and an orange juice). I also discovered that they make a pretty decent chocolatey hot chocolate. Notice the cup below on the right...you can see from the scale, its a pretty massive cup (and that is what impressed me..coz usually hot chocolate is like in a cup half that size). Altogether I reckon, both the hot chocolate and OJ combined...totalled slightly less than a litre of liquids. Value. Taste. Yummm...quite a nice place with the decor and all. Will definitely bring you down there for breakfast when you are in Sydney ;) (reminder: its called Well Connected)

Let me get back to the title of this post...as some may have guessed (pbly not :P) the title is in reference to Robin Hood and more specifically...Archery! Yes, after breakfast, Ant and myself drove to the Sydney Olympic Park to give a go at the ancient and hmmm...macho? sport of archery. We signed up for a one and a half hour 'lesson'/shoot around and as you can see from the pictures below we had some pretty interesting results (and some pretty good memories).

As beginners, we were pbly given the 'lightest' bows around...meaning that the tension in the bow strings pbly wasn't as high as it could have been. Let me just say that my three fingers have never been so sore before and even when I slept that night...there was a little of a reflex action going :P meaning when I curled 1 of my fingers the rest of the fingers curled too (as if I was drawing the bow string) haha...



So who was the better archer? haha...well ask me that when I next see/talk to you coz there was this little test at the end of the day where the instructor put up a small balloon on the bullseye of the target...the aim...you had 6 arrows to pop the balloon...always good to have something to aim for :P haha...lots of fun! just thought of the idea when figuring out what to do on the weekend...beautiful weather too! watch out Robin Hood! ;)

After archery, since the weather was still so good, we decided to try out this new place for snorkelling. This was meant to be pretty popular and not as crowded as Clovelly (see prev post) with clear blue waters. It was called Gordons Bay. I must admit it wasn't as nice as Clovelly (mainly coz there weren't the people factor) but it was a nice place to just to chill and enjoy the sea breeze and cold cold water...ahah...the sun may have been hot, but the water is still cold :P We saw a large blue (I mean really blue blue) grouper also slightly less than a metre long just swimming along and minding its own business...haha...which is really nothing :P also saw the usual marine and sea life that you would expect from Sydney waters..

Water was very cold... Thoughts are of faraway places.. SpiderAnt?

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home