The Running Man

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Knees hurt (again)...

Just got back from a UNSW volleyball 'training' session with some of the UNSW Div 1 and 2 mens and female players...this is also for training for Good Neighbour tournament in Canberra this weekend. Although I am not playing in either of their teams...they were nice enough to accept me and allow me to train with them. Its interesting comparing my actual GN team to this...I mean all of them are super good *Div 1 and 2* yet there is such a relaxed atmosphere and they are actually good enough to cover up for each other's (even mine) mistakes...so much so it seems like whatever you did wrong (ie. mishit bump or set) actually seem ok. Haha...there is actually no pressure to perform, so I quite enjoyed it :). Have been going to this training for about 3 weeks and in that short space of time got to know most of the guys and girls on the teams...even after the training we all went to a pub for a steak and beer :P whilst I am not actually in the group yet (another volleyball group :P)...its a step in the right direction to meet new people who share the same interest.
Now that indoor volleyball season is winding down...its onto beach volleyball! haha...Manly beach here I come! Looking forward to hopefully meeting up with this group in Canberra and in the near future when the season opens up again, they are really such nice and friendly people. Thats the good thing I find about Aussies or anyone who actually grows up in Australia, they are just so easy going, relaxed, out going and not definitely not kiasu :P
Another interesting thing has also happened...my FC (financial controller) whom I have known for 6 mths (ok its not a long time...but its the amt of time I have spent here in Sydney) has tendered his resignation...not to go to another job...but to "spend more time with his family" and take a break for a year. Good for him! He is probably earning about AUD 10K+++ per mth, and he doesn't actually work late (latest I have seen him leave is 7pm)...haha...if it was SG and he was an FC in a large bank...I don't think he would leave at that time...yet he felt that it was too much time spent away from his family *ahhhh...sigh* Hahaha...I cannot imagine what he would have thought if he was working in SG :P you get what I am meaning?! ok...maybe not...its late, and my knees hurt again, too much volleyball perhaps :P
Good night my friends :)

Now listening to: Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars (Acoustic)...sigh :)

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home