The Running Man

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Emotional Volleyball game

Last night, one of my volleyball teams (Netrix) played one of the toughest games so far at Broadway (if that was possible)...we played one of the top teams in the comp...and unfortunately lost :( in the short 1 hour game time, we could only play one set (33-31)...yes up to 33 points :P (normally volleyball sets are only up to 25 points...what a marathon game). Both teams were equally pumped up...but what was frustrating for me is that in that close set, we were serving for the match at least 4 times (and in all 4 times, we lost the point ourselves...mishits, service errors, etc soooo f%$^^@# frustrating..especially since the oppostion needed only one opportunity/advantage to win the set)
And what an important set it was...because due to the time limitations, the second set could only be played out to 18-19 (yes another close one, and in their favour :P) meaning that it was a drawn set (didn't reach the required 25 points)...so the other team 'won' because of the first set advantage.
Besides the score...it was a highly intense game and me being my passionate self was probably putting too much pressure on the rest of my team mates to perform at the next level (but I cannot help it when silly errors are made and we lose the point...arrrrgh..so frustrating esp since we had a chance of winning coming from behind too!). Feeling guilty now :P but you know the saying: "play hard...or go home" (ok...I may have modified it a little :P). In the second set, I was stuffed! I was playing in the outside hitter position (no. 4) and well...was spiking the ball well and winning the points ('on fire' ;) and my setter kept setting me up for the kills :P. Well I never jumped so much continuously before (we were getting back into the second set)...and at the end of it all was covered in sweat and pretty exhausted (a good feeling after a good workout..in this case volleyball game :) hehe)
The result was still a lost but the experience for the team in playing a tight long game was good: "its better to play a tight game and lose than to play easy games and win" I say...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home