The Running Man

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Law & Religion Article

Today, I was just browsing through some of my old university's law websites and I happened to stumble on a paper I wrote for one of my law units (Law & Religion) in 2003. Wow! reading that paper it reminded me of the many hours I spent researching and putting together my paper, not to mention the 'good old uni days' haha... (cannot remember what mark I got for that paper, or why did my lecturer pick my paper to publish on the website :P...maybe because it was the more interesting articles written haha ;). So four years on...ahh..the memories of law school :P

Anyway...if you have nothing to do atm, please feel free to read it (I think its quite interesting...) and it also provides an insight as to I guess what legal research is all about haha...

The title is:
Statutory Clergy-Penitent Privilege: A Secular Necessity or Hindrance?
and a what the paper covers is written in the explanatory statement below
Click on the above title: Scroll down until you come to my name!

EXPLANATORY STATEMENT
This paper is an analysis of some of the relevant considerations for enacting a statutory clergy-penitent privilege under s127 Evidence Act 1995 (Cth). Its scope shall cover the major reasons as to why Australia has afforded statutory protection to a religious practice (confessions) and cover briefly the US position on the topic. The objectives of this paper are that the reader:
1) becomes aware of the religious basis for such a privilege;
2) gains a perspective of both sides; and
3) understands the issues put forth; and
4) is able to form his/her own opinion or conclusion.


Translation: If you confess to crime to a priest/clergy member - can the police use that 'confession' against you in Court?

1 comment(s):

wah.. cheem, deep.. peters pans donts understands. anyways .. CA is CHAO AH BENG aka chris ang

By Blogger peters pans, at 3:52 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home