The Running Man

Sunday, July 30, 2006

My 'new' camera

Panasonic DMC-FX01 (black, 6 MP, 3.6x Optical Zoom)

My birthday present from Serene

Today, I went to collect my digital camera from the repairer. Now to recap on what has happened so far on it (from my previous posts)..this was the camera that was given to me for my birthday and it was spoilt a couple of days later...sand got into the zoom mechanism according to the repairer. Due to the sand damage, it's not covered by the warranty as its classed as 'environmental damage' (akin to it being struck by lightning). Panasonic Australia told me this when I found out I was going to be charged $176 for the repairs (ridiculous!). So after I called up Pana Aust, and was told it wasn't covered by warranty...I went to the Pana website to lodge a complaint (I think I was just pissed at that point in time...and if I could call up Japan..I think I would have if I had the number :P). So after lodging the complaint and also calling up Ser to complain about it...we decided that I should just take back the camera and bring it back to Singapore. I called up the repairer, and to my surprise I was told that it had already been fixed "under warranty" (ie. don't need to pay) however I'd been warned by the repairer that if I got sand again (like I purposely put my new cameras in sand) I would be charged for it...needless to say I was pleasantly surprised and happy..felt the day was looking better. So today I went with Thor Liewwwwy (pictured above) to collect, I don't have a car here in Sydney and Thor was nice enough to help out (great guy and nice friend...he is well liked).
After picking up the camera, we went to Newtown (pictured) for lunch. If you ever don't know what to eat while in Sydney (and have a car)...don't go to Newtown! because it will only confuse you more..haha. Seriously, there is so many different foods (Viet, Thai, Chinese, Aussie, Italian, etc) there and they all are reasonably (for Sydney standards) priced and looks quite good. Thor and me ate at this Thai place...$6 per meal..I had Phad Thai..quite nice.


After lunch, we walked around Newtown and had ice-cream at this Italian shop. So many different flavours...I tried the sour cherry (nice). Walking with our ice-creams we walked around a little more than we headed home. Thor wanted to catch up on more "much-needed" sleep (one of his favourite activities is sleeping...and its like 1pm in the afternoon, on a beautiful blue sunny Sydney day..what a waste).

Here is a picture of Darling Harbour (see the blue sky!!!) taken with my camera, at last. Beautiful tranquil sight isn't it...no scene like this in Singapore I am sad to say. Also called Serene, but she was in the shop working...just so enjoy hearing her voice and having a short conversation with her (abt an hr)...miss her lots. Looking forward to talking to her again soon :)

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home